Monday, April 20, 2009

Home made stamps

For some time now I've been reading the blog of Susan Purney Mark. Every week she posts "Stamping Monday". She gives great ideas of how to make stamps out of just about anything you can find. She also asks for readers to share their stamp making. I made these a several years ago. This one with a wave like pattern was made from erasers. I carved them so that, when stamping, the ends next to each other form a continuous pattern.
These were made from something that I can't remember what it's called. It's a very thin sponge-like thing. After I cut out the bells, as an afterthought, I glued the negative of what I cut out to a block, too.
This was made from the same sponge-like stuff. I wanted to see what it was like to stamp it and get the secondary pattern.
Enjoy, Debbie

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. Very creative - especially to think of secondary patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, making stamps is one of those projects always on the back of my mind. I used to have a Speedball cutter, but I gave it to my daughter to use (and she's created some wonderful stamps). Why kind of paint or ink did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamps...love the idea of using erasers.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!