Friday, October 29, 2010

It's the 4th Blogger's Quilt Festival!

  
We've made it to the 4th Bi-annual Blogger's Quilt Festival. Thanks to Amy of Amy's Creative Side for gathering hundreds of quilters together to show some of their favorite quilts all in one place.

I don't know if any of my regular readers noticed, but I tend to work with mostly brights (the basic colors of the rainbow) in combination with usually black and sometimes white. This time I was going to show you my first crazy quilt piece that I made probably about 15 years ago. It actually looks like an antique because it's dark and dreary and faded. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe some other time. 

So here is what I decided to share this time. The first four pieces pieces are minis, with the fifth being a little larger scale.The sizes are noted below each photo. I use a few of them as mats. I consider all of these together as a set or a series. They are all made of components of Carol Doak's foundation paper piecing blocks. Don't forget, you can click on any photo to enlarge.

8 inches square

7" x 8"

nine inches

 seven inches square

14 1/2"

Important Note: I like to reply to as many of everyone's nice comments that I can fit in, but some of you are no-reply commenters. This means that your email address is not enabled in the profile of your google account, so it does not show up in the header of your comment. If any of you are wondering why you never get any replies to your comments on blogspot blogs, then check your google profile and enable your email address. Or, you can put your email address in the body of your comment.

Here are links to my posts in the past Festivals:

Blogger's Quilt Festival #1  April, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival #2  October, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival #3  May, 2010

Enjoy!

Debbie

42 comments:

  1. Debbie these are brilliant - I too love color, the brighter the better, and you are so good at putting them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour and such intricate and accurate piecing. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects. Brights are such fun to work with and these are stunning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks are just beautiful...designs and colors and workmanship are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing. It's blocks like these that drive me to piecing because the end result is spectacular. Please stop trying to tempt me away from my applique projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I cannot say which block is my favorite. They are all incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful minis here. It is amazing what can be done with paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive. I would be all thumbs trying to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love paper piecing and Carol Doaks, so I really enjoyed these!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is stunning. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! I love bright colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfectly intricate! I love these tiny blocks - they are a marvel of patience and perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very very beautiful. I love the colors and design. Jo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful work with such small pieces.
    The bright colours are stunning!
    I love every one of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love your use of bright colour. And my! So detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always enjoyed the preciseness of paper piecing and you have achieved some stunning blocks here. So much of it has to do with your great color choices. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love that these are a series...truly works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such stunning minis! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely minis, the third one is my favorite. Would love to see a bed size version.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful work, I'm really blown away by your combinations and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such tiny blocks! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun paperpiecing-they look great.
    Come see my paperpieced b/w & pink scrappy mini (isn't it fun to paperpiece small quilts)
    and my 1890 antique schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. The are amazing! Beautiful work and so precise too. Thanks for sharing :oD

    ReplyDelete
  25. My faviorite is the white and black with a little bits of color. I've never tried foundations piecing, but now I'm inspired to. Thanks for sharning your series.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are wonderful! I especially like the 4th one down.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great colors! Foundation piecing really allows for intricate work. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your little mats with all the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely creations!! Love the second and fourth one!!Would there be a prize at the fest?

    ReplyDelete
  30. All of these are so fabulous -- love the colours, the patterns, everything about them!! The second-last one really had me staring at it for a minute -- that looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are great. There's a lot of work in them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow...just wonderful. i like paper piecing, but haven't done any in awhile. fun to see what all you've done with these. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are a vivid, beautiful kaleidoscope series of blocks. They would be stunning hung across a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't ventured into paper-piecing yet. I fear it may be addicting (grin). I love the kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  35. lovely and frankly, I'm wicked impressed you can create those little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning blocks, you make me want to give paper piecing a go.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!