Friday, May 16, 2014

It's time for the Blogger’s Quilt Festival!


Many thanks to Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side for gathering hundreds of quilters together to show some of their favorite quilts all in one place. Click on the logo above for a list of all the participating quilting bloggers.

I made this miniature about six years ago. I have never shown any photos of it because I thought I might enter it into some shows. I did enter it into a national show in the U.S., but it wasn't accepted. And then I just forgot about it. 

I searched for a block to fit my idea for a small space in my living room/dining room area and found it in a Carol Doak book. It's Block #094 in 300 Paper-pieced Quilt Blocks by Carol Doak.

The shiny fabrics are that cotton lame that became slightly popular about 10 years ago. It didn't last too long. I haven't seen it in a while. The beads are Swarovski crystals.

This miniature quilt is 14-1/2" x 8-1/2". Click on the image to enlarge and see details.
 



Here are links to my posts in the past Blogger's Quilt Festivals:

Spring 2009

Fall 2009

Spring 2010

Fall 2010

Spring 2011

Fall 2013

Enjoy!

Debbie

7 comments:

  1. That's really clever - I love the unusual choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your MINI. I remember Lame'. The crystals add a lot to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work - it has a very southwest feel and yet quite contemporary with your twist on the log cabins... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors! Carol Doak's blocks are always so interesting. Is the log cabin background also PP'd or is that a stripe? Either way, love the effect along with the crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you even impressed me. I had to look up the 094 block to see what it looked like. Who would have thought it would create what you made just by changing the colors. It is a real Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!