Wednesday, November 7, 2012

TAST Weeks 44 and 45


I've done the TAST for Weeks 44 and 45 together and they happen to be almost the same stitch! Week 44 is the Closed base needlewoven picot and Week 45 is the Open base needlewoven picot. I was helped by another good video by Mary Corbet of Needle n Thread for the woven picot.

My plan was to make a circle of the open based, that would have been 12 of them, and a circle of the closed base inside. While it was an easy and fun stitch, I started to get bored really early on. So reduced the plan to what you see and filled in the circle pattern that I had penciled in on the fabric with some French knots. 


Enjoy!

Debbie

8 comments:

  1. You might have been bored, but the piece you have created is certainly not boring! I can't but smile at this lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colours and your neat stitches. It could be a necklace if turned upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Like the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shami and Severine (my non-reply-able commenters) for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done and variegated bright threads really make your picots pop!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!