Friday, June 3, 2011

Progress!

The Shetland Pi Shawl is finally blocked! As a reminder, the pattern came from a mystery shawl knit-a-long provided by Wendy Johnson of Wendy Knits. You can find it on her free patterns page.


This week I started a new lace shawl from more yarn in the stash. Also from Wendy Knits. It's another mystery shawl, the Summer Mystery Shawlette, and the last part was posted yesterday. I just started Part 2. 

Today marks the 5th anniversary of the Carol Doak Quilting Group yahoogroup. Carol designed another fantastic anniversary block for this year. I felt like I needed to do some piecework, so yesterday I whipped up a six inch version of the block. You can get the pattern by joining Carol's yahoogroup. 


In fact, you can get tons of free patterns that Carol designs exclusively for the members. It's free to join. She also gives challenges, with prizes, for using and posting photos of the blocks and BOMs (Block of the Month) that she designs for us.


Have a great weekend!

Debbie

8 comments:

  1. The shawl is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these designs are brilliant. You really are very creative. Great blog, really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...New Build Planning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie that shawl is stunning! And so is that block, wow, I guess someday I'll learn paper piecing....maybe then my seams would line up, lol! The colors in the block are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. wow. wow!!!
    What a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is beautiful. ALMOST makes me want to take up knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl is utterly fabulous!

    and kudos to you for paper piecing that block so perfectly! me and paper piecing do NOT get along at all!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!